By Gail K. Dickinson
To accomplish the excellence of nationwide Board Certification, tuition library media experts face daunting demanding situations requiring exertions, educating wisdom, collaborative talents, organizational skill, and braveness. positioned a pleasant mentor on your nook! This examine consultant coaches university library media experts via examination specifics. writer, librarian and educator Gail Dickinson has been at the entrance traces because the nationwide Board for pro instructing criteria (NBPTS) brought library media criteria in 2000. Her paintings has helped carry the rigorous certification approach into point of view, solution questions, and allay matters of these going for certification or contemplating it. even if you're contemplating nationwide Board certification, within the technique of reaching certification, or are looking to remain present at the most sensible practices in educating, this ebook is for you. during this hands-on source, Dickinson breaks down a posh and intimidating method into pleasant, bite-sized items, and: indicates the way to start, be equipped, and remain heading in the right direction with checklists, information, and routines; outlines confirmed techniques to collaborative guide, literature appreciation, and integrating expertise; and highlights sensible how one can record accomplishments, a serious requirement. even if used as a workshop consultant, for reference or self-study, this obtainable advisor prepares present applicants (and these within the technique) to stand the Board evaluation event. it is jam-packed with inspiring examples and recommendation from those that were via it and will cheer you directly to good fortune.
Read Online or Download Achieving National Board Certification for School Library Media Specialists: A Study Guide (ALA Editions) PDF
Best library & information science books
Ladies sequence books were renowned because the early 1840s, while books approximately Cousin Lucy, a tender lady who learns in regards to the international round her, first seemed. in view that then, rankings of sequence books have undefined, numerous of them hugely profitable, and that includes one of the most enduring characters in fiction, comparable to Nancy Drew.
Technological know-how is in the beginning an highbrow task, an job of idea. hence, how can we, as details scientists, reply intellectually to what's taking place on this planet of knowledge and information improvement, given the context of recent sociocultural and data landscapes? info technology as an Interscience poses many demanding situations either to details technological know-how, philosophy and to info perform, and simply whilst info technology is known as an interscience that operates in a multifaceted approach, will it's capable of conform to those demanding situations.
Not only the place to click on: educating scholars the right way to take into consideration info explores how librarians and school interact to coach scholars concerning the nature of workmanship, authority, and credibility. It presents sensible methods for motivating scholars to discover their ideals, biases, and methods of examining the realm.
This booklet addresses a deceptively basic query: what debts for the worldwide luck of A Doll’s apartment, Henrik Ibsen’s preferred play? utilizing maps, networks, and photographs to discover the area historical past of the play’s construction, this query is taken into account from angles: cultural transmission and edition.
- Helping Homeschoolers in the Library
- Producing for Web 2.0: A student guide
- Library Service for Children
- Gateways to Knowledge: The Role of Academic Libraries in Teaching, Learning, and Research
- Reference and Instructional Services for Information Literacy Skills in School Libraries
Extra resources for Achieving National Board Certification for School Library Media Specialists: A Study Guide (ALA Editions)
Vandervoort, Audrey Amrein-Beardsley, and David C. Berliner, “National Board Certified Teachers and Their Students’ Achievement,” Education Policy Analysis Archive 12, no. pdf. 14. , “Defrocking the National Board,” Education Matters 1, no. 2 (Summer 2001): 79–82. National Board History and Overview 17 2 NBPTS and School Library Media In the mid-1990s I met a friend, Sara Kelly Johns of upstate New York, at a professional conference. As we talked of our professional activities and caught up on the different aspects of our lives, Sara raved about a new committee she was on.
2. Write down your reflections after each reading session. As your work with the NBPTS process continues, you will want to capture your thoughts, especially those at the beginning of the process. Keep a notebook handy to jot down phrases that can be used as reflection prompts. 3. Mark the standards freely. Use different colored highlighters to make statements stand out, scribble in the margins, and draw arrows and underlines. Make the process physical. 4. Read often. Replace the summer beach reading with a copy of the standards.
3. Mark the standards freely. Use different colored highlighters to make statements stand out, scribble in the margins, and draw arrows and underlines. Make the process physical. 4. Read often. Replace the summer beach reading with a copy of the standards. Every time you reread, you will see something you missed before. Remember that scoring rubrics are based on the standards. It’s easy to gloss over important points the first few times. cation add to this combined knowledge base for most of the other certificate areas, but the extent to which that is true for school library media varies.
Achieving National Board Certification for School Library Media Specialists: A Study Guide (ALA Editions) by Gail K. Dickinson