By Lim Mei Ying, Stefan Gosner, Andrew Connell, Angus Logan
This booklet has the main in depth-coverage of significant MCMS improvement themes came upon wherever. each one writer of the booklet is a well known specialist within the area
- Learn at once from well-known neighborhood specialists
- Extensive insurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Get Sharepoint and MCMS operating jointly
- InfoPath, RSS and sizzling themes coated
Microsoft content material administration Server 2002 is a dynamic internet publishing procedure with you can construct web content fast and cost-efficiently. MCMS offers the management, authoring, and knowledge administration performance, and also you give you the web site interface, common sense, and workflow. Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) additionally positive aspects within the booklet. SPS 2003 permits organisations to install an clever portal that seamlessly connects clients, groups, and information in order that humans can make the most of suitable info throughout enterprise procedures to assist them paintings extra efficiently.
You've mastered the fundamentals of MCMS, and setup your individual MCMS install. you may have merely scratched the outside. This publication is your gateway to squeezing each penny out of your funding in MCMS and SPS, and making those purposes interact to supply a good richness of content material supply and straightforward maintainability.
As a developer, the Publishing API (PAPI) is on the middle of your paintings with MCMS, and this ebook starts off by means of taking you at the so much unique journey of the PAPI you will discover wherever. As a dwell instance, an element that unearths the constitution of your MCMS website is created, taking you thru how you can deal with the typical parts of MCMS programmatically.
Getting SharePoint and MCMS to interact is the following cease within the e-book. you'll discover the way to use SharePoint's seek engine to look MCMS content material, put up content material among the 2 structures, and create SharePoint net components to attract content material from MCMS.
To ease your daily paintings with MCMS, there are chapters on placeholder validation, and a few priceless customized placeholders for universal MCMS projects, resembling a date-time picker, a placeholder for a number of attachments, and a DataGrid placeholder between others.
There are a couple of how you can devour MCMS content material from the skin international, and we glance at intriguing methods the following; RSS and InfoPath/Web providers. The InfoPath resolution presents one other interface to MCMS content material that enables content material authors to pay attention to content material and never the presentation.
What you are going to research from this e-book?
- Extensive assurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Managing Channels and Postings with the PAPI
- Managing Templates, Template Galleries, assets, and clients with the PAPI
- Getting Sharepoint and MCMS to interact
- Publishing content material among MCMS and SharePoint
- Preparing postings for seek indexing
- Creating Sharepoint net components to demonstrate MCMS facts
- Creating robust customized Placeholder Controls
- Adding validation to Placeholder Controls
- Combining InfoPath, internet prone and MCMS's strong content material repository
- Using RSS to syndicate content material out of your web site, and exhibit content material from different websites
- Staging static models of your pages
- A extra 60 pages of priceless MCMS suggestions and methods
Who this booklet is written for?
This publication is written for builders who are looking to the abilities to completely make the most the facility of MCMS and SPS. The publication presumes a operating wisdom of MCMS, the .NET Framework and familiarity with the C# language. the entire code examples are in C#.
Read Online or Download Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration PDF
Similar microsoft books
Over 30 easy yet quite potent recipes for fitting and handling method heart 2012 Endpoint safety
* grasp the main the most important projects you’ll have to enforce method heart 2012 Endpoint safeguard
* Provision SCEP directors with simply the fitting point of privileges, construct the very best SCEP rules on your workstations and servers, detect the hidden strength of command line utilities and masses extra during this sensible ebook and e-book
* speedy and straightforward recipes to ease the soreness of migrating from a legacy AV technique to SCEP
Microsoft process heart 2012 Endpoint defense (previously often called vanguard Endpoint defense 2012) protects purchaser and server working structures opposed to threats with top malware detection applied sciences. equipped on Configuration supervisor, it offers a unified infrastructure for customer safety and compliance administration and "Microsoft method middle 2012 Endpoint security Cookbook" may help you become familiar with important projects for enforcing this safety tool.
With the discharge of process heart 2012 Endpoint defense, Microsoft is continuous its dedication to supplying a innovative, firm- prepared Anti-Virus answer. With its functional and simple to stick with recipes, "Microsoft method heart 2012 Endpoint security Cookbook" absolutely prepares you for an easy, headache-free migration.
This hands-on, functional cookbook could have you outfitted with the information to put in and deal with method middle 2012 Endpoint defense like a professional very quickly via following step-by-step recipes.
You'll achieve perception right into a wide variety of administration initiatives, equivalent to development your SCEP infrastructure, deploying SCEP consumers and development the appropriate AV guidelines in your laptop and servers. You’ll additionally take advantage of an entire SCEP walk-through in an advantage appendix chapter.
With "Microsoft process heart 2012 Endpoint defense Cookbook" in hand, you could have the arrogance to take on crucial projects like deployment, coverage and lots more and plenty extra for SCEP.
What you are going to study from this booklet
* wake up and working with quite a number universal projects finished with the neighborhood SCEP consumer
* the right way to layout a SCEP structure
* Create an efficient SCEP consumer deployment plan
* practice operational projects through the SCCM console
* Take complete good thing about the SCEP dashboard
* arrange for catastrophe restoration eventualities utilizing SCCM
* know the way to completely configure and automate numerous reporting gains
* construct potent and effective SCEP customer polices
* See those abilities in motion with an advantage appendix bankruptcy: a whole SCEP walk-through masking the preliminary set up, development the buyer package deal, deployment, coverage and techniques
"Microsoft approach heart 2012 Endpoint security Cookbook" is a hugely sensible cookbook for beginner-intermediate use to get you all started with quite a few SCEP initiatives, in addition to supplying a sneak peek at a whole SCEP walkthrough to provide you a few actual global context.
Who this publication is written for
If you're a approach Administrator or Engineer utilizing approach middle 2012 EndPoint safeguard, then Microsoft procedure heart 2012 Endpoint security Cookbook is for you.
You must have a very good historical past with Microsoft items normally, even if no wisdom of EndPoint safeguard is required.
Microsoft home windows 7: entire presents a project-based, step by step method of educating the home windows 7 working method.
Totally up to date for home windows Server 2012 R2! Designed to assist firm directors increase real-world, job-role-specific abilities - this education consultant specializes in deploying and dealing with center infrastructure prone in home windows Server 2012 R2. construct hands-on services via a chain of classes, workouts, and urged practices - and aid maximize your functionality at the activity.
Extra info for Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration
CMSObject=Templates& NRMODE=Unpublished& FRAMELESS=true& CMSObjectGuid=%7b4D1912B-9DD3-11D1-B44E006097071264%7d&NRNODEGUID=%7bE4D19123-9DD3-11D1-B44E-006097071264%7d PrepareUrl() will be used to generate URLs later as we work through the CMS Explorer code. Specifying the Parent Container In this example we plan to use a DataGrid to display a list of all the objects in the selected container. However, before we can get the DataGrid to display a list of objects, we need to specify a parent container.
Access http://localhost/CmsExplorer. Click on the Edit button on the row corresponding to the Tropical Green channel. Click Properties. The Properties page opens as shown on the facing page. Notice that all properties of the Tropical Green channel are displayed! The page also works when viewing the properties of other object types like template galleries and resource galleries. 34 Chapter 1 Updating Property Values Look at the grid. Properties whose values we can modify using the PAPI have a CanWrite property value of true.
Directly below the Page_Load() event handler, add the BindData() method. The method gets a collection of all objects in the start container and sorts them by name in ascending order. DataBind() method. Name; } // bind the object collection on every page load, regardless // of a postback BindData(); Save and build the solution and navigate to http://localhost/CmsExplorer. The figure below shows what you will see. The image at the top is broken because we haven't assigned an image to it yet. The DataGrid displays a list of all objects in the channel, as well their properties.
Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration by Lim Mei Ying, Stefan Gosner, Andrew Connell, Angus Logan